Saturday, September 15, 2012

Technique Tuesday - The Scrapping Bug Forum!



Over on the forum it is Technique Tuesday, the day where we share a little technique that we have either created and or found online somewhere!

Today I am sharing one I created...

I had this American Crafts Amy Tangerine paper home that while I love this Sketchbook line, I wasn't loving this particular sheet.

Photobucket

So I decided to make it work for me!  :)

I broke out a bunch of mists and just started splattering them on.

Photobucket

A few things I will tell you...

1. Protect your work space... I was cleaning for 20 minutes after this project!
2. Let each color dry.  While all the colors look great together, if you actually mix them... they look gross.
3. When You think you have enough, add more!  :)

Then I just cut it up, matched it to some cardstock and ribbon...

Photobucket

 and made a few cards to have on hand!

Photobucket

Easy Peasy!  :)

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Fabulous!

Rosanne said...

great way to make a piece of paper work for you!

andie smith. said...

I love this...it looks like the paper came that way! :)

Angie Tieman said...

Eeeek! Awesome cards!! Thanks for the misting tips! The change in that paper is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Dee!! Love the mistimg!!

Sharon said...

Turned out amazing Dee!

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

Love it!

Laureen said...

A big wow! Love how the mist paint showed up on your black and white pp! Very simple tech!

Anonymous said...

Well aren't you super smart, love these!